April 19th 2013April/May Calendar Announcements for The Heartworks and Renaissance Schools Read More
The Heartworks Schools
The Heartworks Schools are NAEYC accredited preschools and summer programs with locations in Burlington, Shelburne and Williston, Vermont. We provide a warm and enriching environment for childhood play and learning. Our focus is on viewing the child as a growing individual and on expanding his or her abilities to experience life to the fullest.
Our goals include:
- Assisting each child to build upon their gifts, creating a sense of personal self-worth
- A commitment to a child centered academic curriculum
- Maintaining an experienced, well educated teaching staff
- Providing small, same age classes (approximately 10 children)
- Individual, whole group, and cooperative opportunities for learning
- An emphasis on both the creative and physical arts
- A commitment to ethnic, racial, socio-economic and spiritual diversity
- An emphasis on learning to live in harmony with respect to the Earth and our world community
“As we open our hearts to children we embrace them with love, acceptance and without judgment. We welcome the child into the world of play for both fun and learning. If it is not fun, then the child will question, ‘Is it worth doing?’ With every season there is a right time to do and to learn. We help in finding the right season for growth, for optimal learning and for enrichment.”
--Louise Piché, Founder
Click here to read about a typical day in a Heartworks Classroom.