During the Winter and early Spring, please be aware that colds and viruses present themselves more commonly. We ask that you help to prevent the spread of illness by being diligent about keeping your child home, as per our school policy, if they present the following symptoms:
- A fever- over 99 degrees taken under the arm- children are to remain home until the fever is under 99 degrees for 24 hours without the aid of ibuprofen or acetaminophen
- Lethargy, loss of appetite, severe coughing, difficulty breathing, severe sore throat, abdominal pain or other uncharacteristic behaviors
- Children with a known communicative condition (such as, and not limited to: conjunctivitis, or strep throat), are to remain home until they have received antibiotics for 24 hours. If a child has been diagnosed with an illness, please notify us so that we may inform other families of symptoms to look for in their child. If a student comes to school and is suspected of having a communicative condition, the parents will be called and asked to pick up the child for further diagnosis from a doctor and treatment , if necessary.
- Children who have had two or more incidents of vomiting or diarrhea are not to return until their symptoms have been fully resolved for 24 hours and they are able to resume normal dietary habits and activities.
- Children with an unknown rash will be asked to see a physician to confirm that it isn’t a communicative condition. Students with a rash and a fever will need to stay out of school until confirmation of the rash and the child is fever free for 24 hours.
We look forward to caring for your child and take the health and well-being of every child very seriously.